Interested in flying seaplanes? Interested in getting your SES or MES designation? You are already a seaplane pilot but want to get current? Well, you can do it within the Central Southwest Region. Here is a listing of training providers:
- Grand Seaplanes, LLC in Oklahoma’s Grand Lake. www.grandseaplanes.com Contact Steve Robinson at (918) 289-3940 or via e-mail at [email protected]
- Lakeway Seaplanes in Austin. www.texasseaplane.com. Contacct Robert White at (512) 914-6682 or via e-mail at [email protected]
- Promark Aviation in the Texas Hill Country: http://www.promarkaviation.net/learn-to-fly/seaplane-training/. Ken Wittekiend, (830) 385-1593.
- North Texas Seaplanes. Their primary bases of operations are the Denton area and Bishop Field (76T). Lakes used include Lake Tawanoki, Lake Palestine, Possum Kingdom Lake, Lake Lavon, Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Roberts, Eagle Mountain Lake, Lake Texoma, Lake Ray Hubbard, Cedar Creek Lake, Joe Pool Lake, and Lake Fork. Training is in a Supercub. http://www.northtexasseaplanes.com/, (940) 389-6100, and [email protected]
- Cubs, Floats and Fun at David Wayne Hooks Airport (KDWH, north of Houston). http://www.cubsfloatsandfun.com/, [email protected] and (318) 880-7787.
- Texas Bush Pilots at David Wayne Hooks Airport (KDWH, north of Houston). Contact Terry Sonday at (281) 467-4348 or via e-mail at [email protected]
- Southern Seaplane, Inc. at the Southern Seaplane Airport (65LA) in Belle Chasse (just southeast of New Orleans). Training is in a PA-18 Supercub floatplane. http://www.southernseaplane.com/seaplane-training, [email protected], and (504) 394-5633.
- Cubs, Floats and Fun at the Pineville Municipal Airport (2L0) or Houma-Terrebonne Airport (KHUM). http://www.cubsfloatsandfun.com/, [email protected] and (318) 880-7787.
- Jones Brothers & Company Air & Seaplane Adventures. Rob Galloway has started a summer seaplane training program using a Cessna 180 out of Coconuts Restaurant in the Lake of the Ozarks. An FAA-designated examiner comes from Arkansas to conduct the checkrides. www.jonesairandsea.com and (573) 434-0284.
Safe skies and calm waters!