The Sweepstakes 172 had a great week at Sun ‘n Fun in Lakeland, Florida, meeting folks and answering your questions.
- Is this my airplane? This is AOPA’s 2017 sweepstakes airplane. Is it your airplane? That remains to be seen.
- Are you keeping the paint scheme? Yes and no. The base metallic coat will stay (AOPA members love that base coat!). The decals will come off. A final scheme, designed by Craig Barnett of Scheme Designers, will be applied.
- Will I get to pick the final design? No. But you’ll like the one we picked.
- When will you give it away? We’ll announce the winner at EAA AirVenture in July. And the Sweepstakes 172 will be there.
- How do I win? AOPA members whose membership is current as of May 31 are automatically entered to win. There’s no purchase necessary. See the complete rules here.
After Sun ‘n Fun, we took the 172 to Palomar, California, where Regional Ambassador Kay Sundaram will fly it in the weeks prior to our Camarillo Fly-In, April 28 through 29. Then it’s headed back to the East Coast. Follow me on Twitter (@jtallman1959) for all the developments.