The producers of "A Pilot's Story" are pleased to announce the launch of the first contest in connection with the film. You now have an opportunity to have your own "Pilot Story" featured in the film if you are the "Grand Prize" winner of the contest.
Tell us your story, how becoming a pilot has changed your life and impacted others around you. What does being a pilot and flying mean to you? How have you been able to promote aviation and inspire others to fly? What kind of plane do you fly or have flown? Tell us the most memorable event during your flying career.
How to enter:
1) reply to this blog posting with your pilot story
2) email your pilot story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The "Grand Prize" contest winner will receive:
* The producers of the film will come and film the winner's story at their airport/hanger. Some of this interview will be featured in the film.
* Two tickets to the premier of the film (location and date to be determined)
* A Lightspeed Zulu headset http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/content.cfm/Products/Zulu Winner of the 2008 Aviation Consumer "Product of the Year" award.
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear sunglasses: http://scheyden.com
* An iPod Touch Loaded with ForeFlight Software,the official Preflight Intelligence software of "A Pilot's Story": http://www.foreflight.com/index.php
The "Second Place" contest winner will receive:
* A Lightspeed Zulu headset, Winner of the 2008 Aviation Consumer "Product of the Year" award.
* An iPod Touch Loaded with ForeFlight Software,the official Preflight Intelligence software of "A Pilot's Story"
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear sunglasses
Three "Third Place" contest winners will each receive:
* ASA Flight Bag with Instrument & Private training kits http://www.asa2fly.com
* A pair of Scheyden Aviation Precision Eyewear sunglasses.
All winners will receive:
* A copy of the finished film on DVD
* A free one year subscription to Plane & Pilot magazine and Flight Plan Magazine
More prizes to be announced soon...
*** Contestants can submit their stories to email@example.com or reply to this blog posting.
*** Contest ends on June 30th, 2009 at 12PM PST
*** Winners will be announced July 20th, 2009 via email and an announcement on www.apilotsstory.com
*** Contest is open to legal US residents of the 50 US states 18 years or older. Void where prohibited.
*** Participating sponsors, vendors, suppliers and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
*** The producers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of the winners.
***This contest is independent of AOPA and its entities. AOPA is not responsible for or affiliated with anything related to A Pilot's Story contenst.