I am among the millions who bought a PowerBall lottery ticket as the jackpot hit $500 million. On my drive into Frederick this morning, I daydreamed about all the aviation-related things I would do with the money. My list included: an Embraer Phenom 300; an effort with AOPA to boost the number of minority pilots; and major donations to the Delta Heritage Museum and Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum.
- Saving that money after seeing how this economy is going! lol. BUT were just dreaming so Id say C190, C180, C320, Cessna Mustang, King Air 300, Stearman PT 17. hehehehe TO START WITH!
- Cessna 182. Simple as that.
- I suppose I’d have some cool jet in which to travel afar, but after I get that Mustang I’ve wanted since I was 6, I’d be hankerin’ for (relatively) slow, radial engined aircraft like a Beaver, C195, Twin Beech or Staggerwing.
- I’m going with a Skyraider AD-5 (I think)….the big one…..to carry the family and dog…..a nice helo, and a Mustang of course. Then I’m going to donate money to a certain individual to get a B-17 done and I want naming rights and to fly it!!!
- I would have to add that I would love to make donations to the Wounded Warrior Project, Honor Flight, National Naval Aviation Museum, AOPA Air Safety, T.I.G.H.A.R., Sun ‘N Fun, The Commemorative Air Force, The 99’s, to W.A.S.P. Museums, and make scholarships available to those who have the desire and dedication, but who are struggling to afford being able to solve their dream.
- BBJ for business jet, PC-12 for daily driver, Extra 300 for fun, Husky for more fun, and then take $20 MIL of it and fund my Welcome Sky Aviation Scholarship program to issue full-ride flight training grants to the best and brightest 16-21 year olds I could find.
- An AOPA LIFE Membership for me and 100 people and a shiny brand new Cessna 182 JT A.
- Im gonna finish getting my PPL, Then get every other pilot certification. Then I’m buying a Corvalis TTX, a Cirrus SR-22GTS, and a Citation Ten. I’ll of course buy a few Bose headsets for me and my Pax. I’d use the remaining money for fuel, maintenance, etc.
- An HA-420, and a Quest Kodiak, The former Mary Talbot airstrip in Vinalhaven, Maine, a few bose headsets, attend aviation mechanic school, get ratings for those planes, and maybe buy all the abandoned salvagable airstrips around Maine.
- P-51, J-3, Corvalis TTx, Citation Mustang. In that order.
- I think I will keep is lower key with a Cessna Mustang.
- TBM 850, Carbon Cub…pay off debt…Build churches all over the world and keep working
- Me? #Mooney factory, Kerrville TX.
- With my $500 million #Powerballwinnings I’ll first buy a @Terrafugia then work with @google (and @IBM) to make it self-flying
- Five T-6Bs or Super Tucanos. And start an airshow team.
- I would get a Cessna 210 and completely re-do it nose to tail. Oh, also, one of those little jets like the Cirrus or Piper.