Let’s hear it for the volunteers at EAA AirVenture. These folks are tireless and they are everywhere. Friday’s group was tasked with basically changing around the layout of AeroShell Square, and if you’ve ever been to AirVenture you know that’s not accomplished with a couple of tugs and towbars. Here’s what they accomplished on Friday afternoon all within a two-hour time frame:
- Moved WhiteKnight2 out so that it could fly in the pattern (to the extreme delight of onlookers);
- Got out the Airbus A380 so that it could depart.
- Brought in a C-5, a C-17, and a C-130.
- Brought back in WhiteKnight2.
- And kept the huge crowds safely out of the way, but still close enough to enjoy the spectacle.
Tags: military aircraft; Airbus