A year ago then-Cessna CEO Jack Pelton indicated the company was developing a single-engine turboprop–a link for pilots between the pistion world and jets. That was then, this is now. During a press briefing September 26, Cessna’s new chief, Scott Ernest, said he hasn’t seen it and doesn’t know of any such “program.” A spokesman intervened to say it was a technology platform, the same line given prior to Pelton’s confirmation last year of a turboprop program, but admitted it is still flying. When I then asked to see it, the spokesman said,” We don’t have time,” and Ernest added, “You can’t see it until I see it.” Watch Tom Horne’s exclusive report
from the National Business Aviation Association last year, and see whether you think it was a program or not. Looks like a back burner for the non-program aircraft still flying at Cessna.